Glamping in Mariager
Do you want to experience an alternative and more luxurious way of camping? Then the Pacific Domes, called ‘Fjordbobler’ in danish, at Mariager Camping is the place to go! Luxury camping is often referred to as ‘glamping’. The family who owns Mariager Camping were inspired to do this project on a trip to Costa Rica. They wanted to bring the idea of a “hotel stay in the nature” to Denmark, and in my opinion, they were right by doing so! This is just the kind of experience we needed in our beautiful country! As to what I know off, this is the first pacific domes in Denmark in which you can go on a glamping trip, and Mariager Camping have managed to create a mesmerizing experience!
The price of a stay:
Compared to other glamping-experiences in Denmark, a stay in these domes is priced fairly cheap! The price of a stay in the pacific domes at Mariager Camping starts at 1.000 DKK per night. Most glamping experiences, which are offered in more traditional looking tents, costs between 1.200 DKK and up to 5.500 DKK per night. So, being the only dome-shaped glamping tent in Denmark, with small circle-shaped windows in the roof to look at stars at night, this is definitely worth the money!
Book your stay HERE!
- A bio fireplace
- A heater
- Electricity with the possibility to charge electronic devices
- Two comfortable chairs
- A small coffee table where you can enjoy a take-out dinner or your breakfast
- Two bed tables
- A clothing rack
- A small kitchenette where there is service for two people (plates, bowls, cutlery, glasses, coffee mugs, a cutting board, bread knife, breadbasket and dishwasher equipment)
- A Nespresso machine
- A fridge
- Private outdoor shower with hot water
- Private outdoor lounge area
Included in the stay is:
Towels, a bed with linen that is prepared before arrival and coffee/tea to be made on the Nespresso machine.
- A robe – Can be rented at the reception (I recommend renting robes if you want to use the outdoor shower)
- Breakfast – Can be purchased at the reception (They also sell some delicious lattes and cappuccinos if you want something a bit fancier than the coffee from the Nespresso machine in the dome)
- Bicycles – Can be rented in the reception
- Kayaks – Can be rented in the reception
- SUP boards – Can be rented in the reception
- Toilets – There are no toilets at the dome, but you have free access to the common facilities on the camping ground! Here, you can also take an indoor shower, if the outdoor shower is not your cup of tea.
- Kitchen – There’s no kitchen in the dome, but if you prefer to cook your own meals rather than ordering take-out during your stay, you have free access to the common facilities.
Furthermore, when you arrive at the dome the fridge will be filled with different beverages but be aware that if you decide to drink some of these beverages, just like in a hotel, you will have to pay extra. A list of the prices is put on the top of the fridge. However, you are on vacation so why not get the full experience?!
Where are the domes located?
The pacific domes are located in the area of Mariager, in Jutland, with a beautiful view of the inlet! Mariager has beautiful surroundings that are perfect for hiking trips or other outdoor activities. Here’s a few hiking routes that are worth considering:
- Hohøj & Alstrup Krat (ask in the reception about the specific route, since it is a local one)
- When: All year
- Elevation: 189 m (620 feet)
- Distance: 6,5 km roundtrip (4 miles)
- Approximate time: 1,5 hours roundtrip
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Cell service: intermittent
- Washrooms: Yes, at Hohøj
- What to bring: A good pair of shoes and a bottle of water
- Panoramaruten Bramslev Bakker
- When: All year
- Elevation: 165 m (541 feet)
- Distance: 9,8 km roundtrip (6 miles)
- Approximate time: 2-3 hours roundtrip
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Cell service: Intermittent
- Washrooms: Yes, at Bramslev Bakker restaurant
- What to bring: A good pair of hiking shoes, water and snacks